Friday, March 02, 2007

Anna Nicole. Or "The Crud." Samething, different story

Everyone here at work is pretty much OVER the whole Anna Nicole thing. We are all just amazed that the drama goes on. But at least it gives us something to talk about. It's so yesterday though.
The latest topic...."The Crud."
It is going around the hospital, staff I mean. Not patients. Symptoms include mild cough, congestion, cruddy eyes, feeling lousy, and just generally sick. This is, of course, diffentiated from the last round of whatever, "The Junk." We like to personify what's going around. We have also had "The Wheeze," "The Flu," "The Other Kinda Flu", "That Throat Thing," and "Gastrointestinal Enteritis." Of course, the last one sounds the most impressive, and I guess it is when you have you know what shooting out of you know where. (Not puke.)
So we have about 40% of the staff running around with masks on and wearing glasses cause they can't hack contacts. That's "The Crud" for you.
I don't have it though, so knock on wood cause it's good to be me!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Thank you, can someone please ring up CNN and tell them we are all sick of the Anna Nicole thing here in Canada as well? Goodness me, I would far rather here what is happening to live people even if it is the CRUD. They are live still aren't they? I can just imagine the smiles you must bring to an otherwise not always an easy journey. I'm quite enjoying your blog as well.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Yeah, I woke up with a sore throat today...I think you sent it to Texas via blog. Thanks a lot!