Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Keeping up with the Joneses. Or the other bloggers.

In keeping with the theme of the day, I will post my most recent recipe I have concocted.
-Take 1 cob of corn, husk still on.
-Place in microwave for approximately 2 minutes.
-Let cool to the point you can touch it.
-Peel back the husks.
-Enjoy!
A common variation is to add salt or butter, but I really prefer the purity of the original recipe.
Now, dear friends, I urge you to try it. Canada day and our Independance day is upon us.

Sorry, folk. I'm just a single gal. That's about the best I got! Ha ha ha!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Okay, let me make sure I have this right . . .
1st take a cob of corn, husk still on.
2. Place in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
3. Let it cool. (I already burned my thumb once today . .good hint)
4.Peel back the husks and enjoy.

I knew about the butter and the salt. I've actually never done a single cob in the microwave. Now that it's just the two of us. . .I'll surely give it a try.

thanks for contributing for the theme of the day.

Julie said...

Hi Laura! Yes, I tried that method of cooking corn on the cob a few years ago and never do it any other way now!! No mess, no fuss and a perfect corn cob.... I do like the butter on it though ...and salt!! smile