Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jet Setting

So it wasn't prom, but it sure felt like it! Getting dressed up and taking pictures at the house, then taking a taxi to a "fancy restaurant" and then for a night out dancing, what fun! I had 1 night off and some of my friends were in Las Vegas, begging me to join them. So I did! I was there a full 14 hours! It was great! I flew in with my dress and shoes on a hanger, my purse filled with lipstick, a compact, keys, ID, credit card, some cash, contact case and glasses, and a pair of flipflops and shorts and a tank top. That's it! Checking in was a breeze and I was on the plane in no time.




You simply must take any opportunity to pose with a dead deer head. These were my cohorts, Noah on the left and Donovan on the right. If you haven't seen the movie "Swingers," you may not understand half the references I am about to make, but don't they look money?




Of course, we had to pose and take way too many pictures. Danielle is the other beautiful baby in the picture.











This was before we stepped out on the town in Vegas, baby. Vegas!






I simply love Mermaids and the club we went into had this painted on the wall.


Dinner was at Rio's VooDoo Lounge and Steak House. The food was amazing! The view was amazing! You can see Vegas behind us. The company was pretty good too! We had filet mignon, rack of lamb, and a porterhouse steak and pretty much all shared trying each others dishes. They were all fantastic!


















After our wonderfully drawn out dinner, we headed up to the rooftop club for some dancing under the stars. Again, the view was sureal, the temperature was perfect, and the company was great!




About half way through dancing, my right shoe strap broke! No biggie, I headed over to the VIP section and the bouncer let me go in so I could sit down and try to fix my shoe. Being the resourseful gal that I am, I pulled out the Mardi Gras beads I had obtained in the lounge and tied it around the shoe, securing it to my foot. Then I did the same to the other just so it would match a little better. AND THEN, after a little more dancing, my dress strap broke! Being the resourseful gal that I am, I pulled up the "hanger strap" and pulled it on. It worked. You can see in the picture on the left that the strap has been broken, but the new one was working quite well.





The story gets worse! Later, the second shoe broke! Good thing I had already tied it up! It still looked good.










It really is good to be me! I had a really good time and got back to the airport at 4:30 in the morning so I could fly back, go to sleep, and go to work that night! Good times, good friends, and good views. What more can a girl ask for?











2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Geeze you were not kidding it was a short shirt! I blame the ready made clothing industry, not you. Since they make petites for the petites, the least they could do is make SOME clothes for those with altitude. Since they do not, all you can do is wear the too short stuff with altitude and great attitude. Glad you had fun!

Lovella ♥ said...

What a hoot. I had to enlarge every picture for a better look.

This is why I'd want your for a nurse. Resourceful.

Love the shoes, I guess you couldn't quite fit the flip flops in that little hand bag eh?

One of our favorite things in a restaurant is to share plates, it makes my middle aged indecisiveness a little easier.