Saturday, October 11, 2008

Art festival in the mist

Still more Girl's Getaway Weekend Well, "It's Art!" I guess this artist was a "butt" man. Can't you just see these pieces hanging in a proctologist's office?

The art show went on for blocks, partially shrouded in the early morning mist.
What art show is complete without an Art Car?
Despite the grey, the mood was light and colorful.
This piece certainly attained it's goal! The artist created it with the intent of bringing laughter to the viewers.
The spider's webs were ornamented in surreal dew pearl necklaces. There you go, Mom.
Another laughter display.
Dad, this one is for you! Oh, if I had a few thousand dollars, it would have come home with me for your birthday. I couldn't keep my eyes off this piece. He so perfectly captured the late afternoon before the sunset glass and warmth of a beautiful day out. Mmmm.

It's good to be me, and I hope you have enjoyed your virtual Girl's Getaway Weekend!

2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

The spider web was awesone! And dad and I loved that painting too.
YOu are such a great photographer and traveler. We love you!

Janitha said...

I have been to that art show and I loved it too. No matter if the day starts out gloomy and misty the art keeps your mood up until the sun breaks out. Maybe one day we can go up there together? Yay!:-)