Thursday, September 02, 2010

Wednesday afternoon

I took a rare moment to play tourist at Balboa park, where, during the summer, they have free concernts. I had marked it on my calendar because on this particular Wednesday night, they were playing Big Band music. The "orchestra" did a top notch job, and the audience got into it, for the most part.
I particularly enjoyed this little boy dancing with him presumed mother. He was just learning the steps. He had actually asked her to dance, which was refreshing. I can only imagine how she beamed to still be cool enough in her young sons eyes to dance with.
Afterwards I took the opportunity to get a nice walk in around the park.


It was a rather nice evening. I also got a kick out of this couple and their 2 s0ns. It was clearly "date-night" and they were determined to enjoy themselves, not missing a beat despite "kid intervention."

1 comment:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Balboa Park: the true Jewel of San Diego.