Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I came up to rain

Stepping off out of the subte tunnels I was met with a drizzly scene...
But Don't Cry for me...I was in Argentina!!!! Yes, I found where it was stated!
I could only image how many people had filled this square when Evita made her speach, but I sure wasn't going to wander around. It was raining, and I had not brought an umbrella, nor was I going to buy one. What's a little rain among travel adventures? I made do...

Ok, so I had to get a little closer to get a better picture of me in front of the "pink castle."


Being as it was mostly under construction, I didn't linger long...


...but I did enjoy this statue which strangely reminded me of Hawaii a bit.


This kind tree gave me shelter. Colorful tree, it was.


I had not realized how close to their Independance day it was. I wondered if all the flags were normal, or just for the Independance day. Nice touch though!


I can only imagine how much work these people put into these signs, and here they were getting rained on!!!

At this point, the rain was coming down pretty hard, so I looked for a bit of shelter and warmth, hoping the rain would let up enough to let me wander without regretting not buying an umbrella! :)

No comments: