Monday, October 01, 2012

Girls Movie Night 9.27.12

 Girl's Movie Night was hosted at my house this month. The theme: Italian!
 The menu: 
Homemade Rustic Italian bread
Chicken Parmigiana
Fig and goat cheese salad
Bow tie pasta
Dessert: brownies with raspberry compote and ice cream
 The salad turned out fantastic!
 I have a bad habit of not entirely reading the directions, as I have mentioned in the past. I was proud of myself for gathering the ingredients BEFORE starting to make the bread. Step 1: combine ingredients. Check. Step 2: Put into bread-maker. Dang!!! I really have to read ALL the directions. I don't have a bread maker. The bread was tasty, but entirely heavy, requiring a big gulp of water after each bite. 

The compote, well, it burned. The chicken Parmesan? It was good!...once you took off the burned mozzarella cheese.. Sigh.
The movie? Well, it was absolutely delightful! The company was pleasant, and overall, I would say the night was a success!

No comments: