Friday, January 26, 2007

First thought

This morning as I rolled over in bed, reveling in the softness of clean sheets and the loftiness of my down comforter as I knew I did not have to grudgingly get out of bed to go to work, I cracked my lids open to get a glimpse of what I hoped were blue skies. Instead, it was dismally gray. As I sat up and reached first for my glasses, and second for my hair clip to pull my "bed-head" away from my face, my first thought of the day was, "I wonder what the weather will be like today."
I pulled my laptop onto my lap and stopped myself short with a smile as I realized, "I am becoming my mother!!!!!!"
Anyone who knows my mother well, or has read her blog will know that one of her "favorite things" is to see the weather reports, and bliss is a day in front of the television with a good book, a mug of coffee/tea/cocoa, and a raging weather system makeing the whole country colored with purples, reds and yellows surrounded by greens. Add a cat that likes to sit on her lap and she may never get up again.
If she ever becomes senile, I plan to be sure to have many tapes of wicked weather patterns recorded from the weather channel, and I will plop her down in front of the TV with a wonderful afgahn and keep her occupied for hours. Who needs sedatives when you have the weather channel? Alternatives.
So maybe I do turn into her. I think that would be a very nice thing. Someday. For now, we will just keep having the same pair of glasses. It is good to be me turning into my mother.

1 comment:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

And I think it is a good thing to have you are my daughter!
Mom