Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Going Away...Right? Maybe not!

Yesterday I had my first going away party. The girls and 1 "male nurse" as my grandmother calls them (I just say nurse, but that is neither here nor there.) pooled together and bought pizza and salad for me. One girl, from Boston, bought me an ice cream cake. Yum! I think nurses have the most fattening, filling, calorie filled parties.
So the excitement builds as we pull out the cake since we are all caught up on charting and patient care, and everyone is drooling and the cake is set on the table, and we all lean over to see it as we open the box.
Now, I didn't expect writing, but I felt honored to see that she had, indeed, gotten one with the writing.
In beautiful, hand written red icing was "Happy Birthday!"
It's the thought that counts. It's still good to be me, and the cake was awesome!

2 comments:

L&D said...

Hey, any reason is a good one for cake. And just think, you had more than one birthday this year. Time to celebrate with a shopping spree!

Lovella ♥ said...

. .how sweet, they couldn't bring themselves to to say the "goodbye" words.
indeed, it is good to be you.