Friday, June 15, 2007

What a difference a day makes!

Tonight was so infinately better! I did not have either one of my "challenging" patients back. In fact, I got to go to another part of the unit! The big one that I can walk for 20 minutes on my breaks on! My patients were fabulous. "THank you," "No, please let me turn on the light for you so you can see better," and "I don't mind you waking me up. I know you are keeping me safe."
Very different comments from my patients tonight versus the slander I endured last night!
Ok, so it is good to be me again! I'm off of work for 6 days, and I plan to drive over to Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa to knock off a few more states. I'll try to post pictures. Then I plan of playing. Hard! That means laying for hours by the pool, (with my SPF 50 sunscreen all over and a hat, of course!) hiking in the mountains, and I am flirting with the idea of whitewater rafting. You never know.
Of course, now that I have posted this, people will be able to cheat when I play the "Guess where I'm calling from" game. Oh well!
Watch out world! Laura is on the loose and is headed for a ROADTRIP!!!!!

2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Now that's more like it! Drive safe, call often! Yee haw...ROAD TRIP!

Julie said...

There see? Bad patients are in the minority... there just to 'test' your patience..
I wish you a wonderful six days and listen to your Mom--- drive safe and call home often!!
smile