Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pan-a-cookin'!

Up here in Minnesota, I had been begging my friend, Andrea, to take me to an "authentic, local flavor" restaurant. Being as scandanavian as it is up here, she came up with. Pannekoeken Huis. Sounds like Pan-a-cookin'. When they bring the dish out, they call out, "Pan-a-cookin!" and serve it to you hot.





Don't we look lovely? Just call us Vana!








I had ordered the pot pie pannekoeken and Andrea had the vegetable and meat pannekoeken. It's basically like an oversized, thicker crepe filled with whatever we had ordered.












The dinner was good, but the desserts were amazing!
Andrea had the silk chocolate mouse banana pannekoekin and I had the original Dutch pannekoeken. Wow. I had no idea! Thoses scandanavians have got something good going on!







This last picture is at Sioux Falls in South Dakota. They are actual falls there. Who knew? The baby is my friend from elementary school's daughter. 7 months old and absolutely adorable! We spent most of the day just staring at her and watching her scoot around the floor. I don't know how they get anything else ever done since she is soooo cute to watch!
It really is good to be me, and I am having soooo much fun.








3 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Hey, I didn't know about the fall's either! Hope you got pictures of e. for me.

Lovella ♥ said...

Look there really are falls.
The baby is darling and I'm glad you are having a great time.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I just want to know if that is REAL whipped cream on the pan-to-cookies or whatever they are called! It sure looks delicious.

Oh, and congratulations on your sky dive! You are very brave. I am encouraged to see that a person of height (I'm 5'10") can, indeed, be strapped on to someone else who knows what he or she is doing and survive to tell about it! Maybe that also applies to hang gliding; I'd like to try that someday.

It's good to see someone who has so much fun being herself.