Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hello there!

Well, hello again everyone in Boggerland! Sorry about the brief dropping off the face of the planet! The weekend after the wedding in Texas, my computer decided to crash. Hard. After a few days of just not believing it (denial) I called Dell who told me it had crashed and I would not be able to use it again, or retrieve ANYTHING off of it. Tears! All those years of digital pictures! Lost! (Most nurses are not super computer savy and the term "backing it up" refers to a dance move in my world.) So yeah, all is lost.
After a 3 week period of mourning, I took my computer to the Geek Squad, who confirmed that all was lost, unless I wanted to spend about $1,600 or so. (Not so much!) That led to another grieving period of a few days. After that, I rallied to call Dell and order the new parts to at least get my computer to work. A few days later (translated in the real world instead of Dell-talk) I got the disks to install into the computer and the new hard drive. Guess what! I am not computer literate enough to get them installed! A few hours and days of talking to Dell and, wha-lah! Here I am online again! Wooo-hooo! I can't wait to check out all your blogs again and show you the pretty Christmas tree my brother and I peacefully picked out together in the light rain. Till then, it's finally good to be me again!

2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Oh sweetie! Congrats on perservering and getting your computer back up and running. Can't wait to see the tree. Can't wait to see YOU!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I wanna see the tree....