Saturday, January 12, 2008

Test taking time

Ah, Orientation! I love being paid to essentially watch a commercial for the hospital I am working for. Of course, I have to prove my skills a little through "skills checkoffs" and "modules." One such test had me faking a cough to cover my laughter in the middle of the test in which one of the possible A,B,C, or D answers tickled my funny bone. I can't recall the specific question, but the possible answer of D got me going. The question pertained to TB. Answers:
D. TB disease is fatal to natives of San Diego.
What the???
Also listed amongst our policies and procedures:
-Food safety tips.
-Food safety tips in Turkish.
No other types of food safety tips. Just Turkish. Whew! I'm glad they had that covered. Last time I looked up food safety tips in Turkish, well, I just couldn't find any. Big sigh of relief!
It's good to be me and terribly amusing to be in orientation!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Turkish, huh?

Humor in a test - that's a great stress-reliever!

L&D said...

Yes, it is known that TB is particularly fatal to those Crazy San Diego-ers. I was most definitely taught that in nursing school.