Monday, September 15, 2008

Playing tourist

I bet you can't guess where we started..... Well, for most of my readers, you probably have. So I will instead introduce you to a new wine!
It was a 2006 Chardonnay, very refreshing with just a hint of sweetness.
I was not expecting the water lilies to be in bloom, but it was certainly a delight to behold.
I could have photographed all day long. But I was limited to 40 pictures left on my camera card. You other photo entheusiasts can feel my pain!!!
I was glad to see the koi back in the pond and healthy as ever. It has been a few years since someone poisoned them all, and they seem quite content residents of Balboa Park.
Another lovely view. Behind me, that is!!!
I was suprised how this shot came out, looks so dark on such a bright and cheery day.
And I'll turn the view around for you. Ever been there? I know many of you have, so I hope you enjoy coming back for a visit.
Now this place you may not guess by this shot. There is an excavation going on.
Does this help?
The second half of the day Crystal and I explored the San Diego Mission. No, not the Presidio. The original one.
It is an active mission and while we were there we were privy to Saturday evening mass.
Doesn't the girl take a great picture?
The restoration of the Mission was almost complete. Reminded me of my 4th grade California Mission project.
Did you know each mission is built exactly a days walk from the previous one?


It's good to be me playing tourist! Hope you enjoyed your virtual vacation!

2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

So all that travel for 4th grade mission project wasn't just a waste of time. You DID remember a few things! And you stayed for mass??? Really????

Your picture of BP were awesome. I love photo journals.

A Lady said...

Uh, well, I didn't actually "Stay" for mass. No suprise there...
Just saw that it was going on and tried to limit the bashing...