Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family Heriloom

Hey Mom, I just wanted to show you something. See! I didn't loose it! Good for me!
I recieved this ring as a gift from my mother upon my graduation from 6th grade. If I am not mistaken, it was her "something blue" when she got married, and was her gift from her mother when she graduated from 6th grade as well. Now, whether my grandmother recieved it as a gift as well, I do not know. Grandma, Mom, Wanna elaborate? I thoroughly enjoy this ring, and I am glad to have it in my very own home now.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the extra encouragement! I appreciate your prayers SO much!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Yikes...YES...it WAS grandmother's 6th grade graduation gift from her parents. Or at least that's what I remember. Shoot...

Better make a call and get this all straightened out.

It is still beautiful and I miss it. I only got to wear it for 24 years....

Anonymous said...

Yes my parents gave me the sapphire ring for my sixth grade graduation in 1938. I added the two side diamonds to the ring for your Mom's sixth grade graduation in 1966. I am happy that you received it next and are enjoying wearing it on your pretty hand. May the tradition continue! Love you, G-ma D.