Monday, September 13, 2010

LJ Rough Water Swim 9.12.10

I finished it! I did NOT come in last place! And, most importantly, I had fun. See those yellow and red balloons? 2 sets of them? Yeah, well, that's the KIDS course. If you expand the picture, you can see waaaaaaaaaay out in the distance the balloons I was swimming to and around.
A mile long swim, and I came back to this finish line.
And I was presented with this:
Because somehow I got to be right in front of the 4 time 1st place finisher at the beginning of the race. When the starter gun went off, all plans to leisurely get a comfortable start went out the window and I SPRINTED as hard as I could to keep from getting swam over.
I was ahead of the 4 time 1st place finisher for a good 20 seconds, and I am proud of that! :)
I finished the race in 43 minutes and 2 seconds. I was 23rd in my age group, and 273rd out of all the women. I'm not sure how many women swam, but it doesn't matter. I FINISHED IT!!!! I was NOT LAST PLACE! And I had FUN!!! It's good to be me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT....why didn't you let us know you would be swimming...we would have come over and cheered you on! I remember years ago when you were a teenager and both you and your Dad swam in the the ROUGH WATER SWIM. Ya done good this year! Love, Grandma D.

Anonymous said...

Glad it's done and glad you did well! Love you.