Friday, September 10, 2010

Taking the time

I took today to take the time to stop and smell the roses. This one in particular was lovely. It was a rather beautiful (although "cold", being 68 degrees) day, my house was clean, my cats fed, and my energy level elevated. So I grabbed my bike and headed to a tropical, getaway island.
Coronado.
OK, so it's not that far, but it freed me up to play tourist. I saw this lovely townhome for sale. Can you guess the price?
Pretty "cheap" for a 3 bedroom home!
I simply delight in looking at the architecture of the different homes. I lazily rode down the practically empty street, letting my eyes feast on the jewels that I will likely never be able to afford, but certainly can admire.
Some of the signs in the front yards were fun. I LOVE water polo! This next picture is specifically for my dad:
I knew he would appreciate the bonsai garden on the terrace.
This house certainly did not suck to live at! If you look closely, from the front door, you can see straight through to the view of the San Diego skyline.
It must be nice. This house, too, had a to-die-for view:
It was located just next to this romantic, petite park that I had never heard of or seen before.
This is the view from the quaint park. Not too shabby. There was one couple sitting on a blanket with a bottle of wine and homemade snacks to share as the day slipped away.

Of course, I would have bought this house on the other side of the park, with the same view, but had A MERMAID!

View of the rest of the house:

This next house was excited for someone to come home. Not sure from where, but I liked the familiar family feel it had.


Red doors seemed to be the theme for this street:
Little million dollar bungalos like this one were simply delightful. I especially like the red pathway leading up to the front door.

This next house was on the market for a mere 2.8 million. Wanna just go ahead and buy 2?
Of course, you simply cannot go to Coronado without stopping by the most important spot:
Ah, the Del, in all it's splendor!
It's good to be me on a day that I can enjoy playing tourist!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a delighful day exploring Coronado. It is such a jewel and never seems to change. We must make a date to go over there at Christmas time and see the Christmas tree and decorations at the Del Coronado hotel. I have many memories of dances over there during WW2. Love, Grandma D.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a delighful day exploring Coronado. It is such a jewel and never seems to change. We must make a date to go over there at Christmas time and see the famous Christmas tree and decorations at the Del Coronado hotel. I have many memories of dances over there during WW2 Love, Grandma D.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

i miss coronado! Must noodle around there next visit, OK? If I suddenly get mega rich, I'll buy you a house or two there.