Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Starting off a new year

The beginning of the year, in my humble opinion, should start off with a bang; something out of doors, adventurous and active. I started it off with a hike just outside of Julian.

It was bloody cold, and apparently it snowed about 2 hours after I left.
I was glad to have gotten out of the house and enjoy the weather before it got bad.
I can only imagine how these trees would look covered in snow...
....and was very glad to not find out!
From the top of the rocks, I could see the river bed. Being as how I am certainly not afraid of heights, I took my time sitting at the edge of the rock, looking down.

It reminded me of dangling my feet over the cliffs in Ireland. Sigh. I miss that trip. It was wonderful.
A very delayed Happy New Year! I hope your 2011 is full of adventure, good times, great views, and even better friends and family!

1 comment:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Beautiful! Next trip out let's hike it together.