Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5/17/11 continued

Walking back I turned inland to go into the city area. This descriptor was part of the central park, although I did not catch the name of the park. Nearby was the shopping center, where I did buy an Argentina jersey so I will be ready for the 2014 World Cup!!!!! (yes, I plan ahead.)

There were interesting bits of art tucked here and there.
I could imagine having this be my house, with this in my garden. It was so peaceful and inspiring, despite being tucked into the city.
There was a bit of political influence as well.
The most interesting parts of any city, I find, are the grocery stores. For example, I had not ever seen yogurt in bags before!!!
Not suprisingly, they had Argentinian wine!!! Lots of it. I bought 3 bottles back, although regretted buying them so soon into my trip, as I had to carry them all the way back to the hotel, and then on for the rest of the trip. I would say it was worth it!
The churches of the region were impressive to me, as were the squares with thier statues to whoever they happened to be of.
I giggled to see the bird perched on this elegant man's cape.

At the end of the day, I was ready for bed again, and looking forward to another day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice lot of pictures. Enjoyed continueing to share your trip. Love, grma S.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I keep coming back for another look...