Sunday, August 21, 2011

5/17/11 walking back

Walking back I ran into this guy, and his mirror image buddy guarding the steps down to the beach. I could almost hear them silently barking to each other. For perspective, I came up to his flipper! For lunch, I stopped in my "famous" restaurant and ordered a calamari dish, which was unfortunately aweful! Luckily, the water (without gas), coca-cola and wine with the bread, oh the bread! left me completely satisfied.
The view, too, certainly made up for the taste. I was later told to never, ever order the seafood, despite being at the beach. The nation was known for its beef, and I was instructed to stick with what they do well.
I kept on my path back to the hotel as the sky blued up for a bit.
Many of the homes looked like they had been boarded up and abandoned. I was clued in that, no, these metal window coverings were to protect against storms and were also for safety, although most used them to block the sun since air conditioning was not common.
I was delighted by the contstantly changing view. Ocean to one side, city to the other.

I had promised my friends and family that I would be careful, and this was a moment to prove that. I really wanted to shimmy between these 2 rocks to peer out the other side, but could just imaging getting mugged or robbed on the other side, and so kept safely on the path. You are welcome everyone! :)
I was not sure if this was condos or a hotel, but whoever got to stay there had an awesome view!
In front of some of the hotels were pools quite close to the beach, like this one. I can imagine that having a choice of where to swim would appeal to a lot of people. I think I would stick with the ocean.
I enjoyed the smell of salty air as I walked.
The walk continues....

1 comment:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

A couple of those photos look like around LJ cove area.