Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Around the Estancia


The view from outside my window looking inward, if the drapes were open! Inside (below) was the family dining table, which was just outside of my room.


I loved the thick leather! I could imagine the old families gathering around after a long day out in the sun, or in the evening after a crisp sunset.
As it was, it was cool enough to enjoy the fire after lingering over my own sunset. The below picture was taken just 1 step from my bedroom door.


Around the grounds, there were smaller, cheaper rooms which you could stay in and provide your own food. For me, the food was half the experience!
If you can imagine an almost warm day with a hint of a cool breeze, you might almost be able to smell the impossibly clean air. And emus.

I was told they were not actually emus, but a smaller version of the bird, a relative, of which I have forgotten the names of.

Strolling around the grounds...







After a long day, I was ready to leave the estancia

...and I left the estancia to begin my next day of adventure...

No comments: