Tuesday, November 01, 2011

...and there was shopping

Antiques, yes. There were. I absolutely LOVE this dress on the left.
And there was music. Sweet, fantastic music!!!



When I arrived, I saw these ladies, and could only assume they were debating about staying and dancing if it was going to keep raining.


I didn't know it at the time, but this dancing trio seem to be quite popular, and when I wandered a bit farther, I happened upon postcards with their picture on them!!!

The crowd watched as the couple danced. It rather reminded me of an Argentinian version of my German folk-dancing grandparents...

Such passion!

Some dances were soulful. Some quick. The music changed the grey day into a colorful taste of tango.

I ended up buying 3 CD's, and continued to wander the vendors booths.



So many old pieces of what I can only assume to be past treasures. It did sadden me to see some of the architectural details reduced to laying around on a table, hoping the local traveler would bring them home and return them to their previous glory.



Whose grandmother had these belonged to? How many Thanksgivings, Christmas's and Birthdays had these been brought out and then polished?


I found this random sink outside of a shop in an old courtyard to be intriguing. Had it been placed there for garden parties?




Clearly wealthy people had lived in homes like this. I had heard of recessions in Argentinian past, but how aweful would it be to leave such a glorious place, and how hard must it have been to sell of the pieces. Was it voluntary, or not so much?




I peeked into the back room of one of the shops and wondered what it had been like for the people seizing the details, the lamp shades, the door knockers? Awkward? Rewarding?



I continued down the cobble stone paths in search of more adventure....

No comments: