Sunday, June 10, 2012

Belize, June 1, 2012~View from the room

Woo-hoo!!!! I made it out of the country again, and got to spend a little over a week in BELIZE!!! Can you belize it? It's so unbelizeably beautiful!
Flying in...beautiful clouds. As Janitha always says, "It's always sunny above the clouds."
I landed in Belize City, and was suprised to have to take a cab from Belize international airport to Belize municipal airport. It was a great 15 minute detour for the grand total of $25, with a great taxi driver with a fantastic sense of humor. He basically gave me a tour of the city on the way there, even pointing out the hospitals for me. He said he hopes I don't have to see the inside of one!

Ah, puddle jumpers!!!! Woo hoo!!!

I couldn't stop snapping pictures as I rode the 15 minute flight from the mainland to Ambergris Caye, where my hotel awaited me. The water...I simply could not wait to dive in! Not to mention that it was unbelizably hot (92 degrees F)
My sweet room!!! Simple, refreshing, with a great view!


The View from my doorstep...sigh.
The resort: my room was #6, which is on the left side, bottom floor, just 3 steps to the pool!

There was a walk up bar right on the sand. the steps to the far left lead to my room. It faced east, so no sunsets, but I think that was likely my only complaint! Ha! I was served a rum punch on arrival; much appreciated in the heat after the traveling. I quickly also fell in love with the "pink squirrel colada" but without the amaretto. Heaven!!!
The view from my room...not so bad, eh? Oh, but it is good to be me!!! The rest of the adventure to follow....


No comments: