Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 6: Guatemala and back

Guatemala, here I am!!!

The day had been long, tiring, and fantastic! A chicken mole dinner hit the spot and off to bed I went.

It was a beautiful hotel, and I went for a swim under the waterfall before meeting the guide and his girlfriend for breakfast.

Cute pancakes! They tasted sweeter than the pancakes I make at home, but these were just so much more adorable than the ones at home, don't you think?

Room 22? Good number! I slept like a rock!

After a quick swim, I walked around the city a little to pick up a few things, like postcards and other assorted little gifts.

I don't think it matters what country you are in...bouganvilla is beautiful!

Such a quaint, picturesque lobby.

And then back on the road!

Belize used to be British Honduras until, like, 1984 or something (oh, but my history is aweful! I'm probably way off on the date). ANYhow...Prince Harry had apparently just been there to visit. Shucks. I missed him!

I did find the arrival "Hal" to be a nice touch. Hi Grandpa!!!

Being the nurse that I am, I was interested in the cemetaries. This was shot through the window as we were driving. The plots are all above ground, but I was particularly interested in the bright colors. This one was in Belize. The ones in Guatemala were so much brighter! I wished I had snapped a pic of on of theirs.

The orchid was a nice touch at lunch.

And just a hint as to my next stop before going back to my own hotel....

stay tuned!!!

No comments: