Friday, February 29, 2008

A touch of Dallas

Ah, the Dallas skyline. I do adore a good skyline! I always wish I could get the shot at night, but I have yet to invest in the way wicked awesome technology they have come out with to take those shots. This one in particular, was shot out my sunroof over my shoulder, while driving away from town. Mind you, my eyes were glued to the freeway in front of me, so don't go thinking I was driving dangerously. Even though my arm was up in the air with the lens facing the opposite direction in 70 mph speeds. That's why it took about 15 shots to get this one. Turned out pretty good, don't cha think?


This is one of my favorite spots in Dallas. I forget what it's called, I think the Old Red Building Museum or something. Everyone from Dallas will know which building I am talking about. However, I am not a fan of reading, as my friends and family are well aware, to my librarian Mother's dismay. That said, my ambivalance to reading extends to signs and plaques stating what things are and their history. My bad! Lucky me, to have a research librarian at my disposal who will probably inform me as to what it is really called. Love ya MOM!


This is the real John F. Kennedy memorial. Most people don't know that. It looks to me like a big leggo box. Inside there is what looks like a pedistal that a monument or statue should have been placed on. But there is nothing on top of it. Except when I stand on it and pretend to be my own statue. Much more fun!
I believe that someone once told me that it was supposed to look unfinished, just as JFK's life was
'unfinished." Hmmm. Interesting. I guess.
Anyhow, it's still cool to pose on the stand.
It's good to be me, and I am glad to have been able to capture a bit of Texas that I actually like.



No comments: