Friday, February 29, 2008

The Time had come






I have been wanting to go to Medieval Times since I first saw it when I moved to Dallas in 1998. So it took a whole 10 years. At least I finally made it! It was wicked cold out, but worth braving the chill to stand outside until the squire basted his horn to announce the arrival of the King, and to be formally invited to come into the kingdom, dine and be entertained.



I think this just might be as close as I will ever get to my knight in shining armour. Good enough for me! There were approximately 7 other armoured knights, suprisingly on sale for only $3,000! Probably cheeper than a real husband and a wedding. But no, I didn't buy one.




This was the ceiling. I am not sure if it is Dallas's coat of arms, or just a made up one. Cool either way.
While waiting for the banquet to be served, they had actual knighting ceremonies for those wishing to make the occasion just a bit more special. Big swords, I tell you! The entire staff remains in character. "Good day, my lady! How might I be of assistance?" My lady, or my lord if you are a boy. Fun, fun, fun!









The dining experience: and no, I didn't finish that big old beer. Good heavens! Everything really is bigger in Texas! I had front row seats and sat next to a nice couple and their daughter, who was a self proclaimed Princess. Needless to say, she was a lot cuter than me, and caught the flower thrown to her upon the victory of our knight in a jousting match.







The menu: or as described by my "bar wench", bread, Dragon blood soup, falcon, dragon toes, dragon eggs, and a fine dessert. All was eaten without use of spoon, knife or fork, so pardon the lack of pictures of the actual food.




When you enter the castle, you are given a crown of the color of the knight you will be cheering for. Mine was yellow. Or golden, as I prefer to think of it.




It was a grand experience. It is good to be me, and it is good to have finally been able to cross another adventure off my list!










1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh we did the medieval times quite a few years back with the boys. We quite enjoyed it but once will do me. . .It's good to be me, I've been there and done that. . .smirk