Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

I hope you are wearing your green today!!!
Hart did his best to celebrate with us, definately made for a cute decoration...

What Irish decendant American doesn't have "traditional" corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for supper? (On a note though, the entire time I was in Ireland, I couldn't find corned beef or cabbage to save my soul. Or mutton for that matter. Lots of beans, boiled tomatoes and blood sausage though.)

Me parents! The luck o' the Irish gave me two good 'uns.

Daddy enjoying his Guinness. "Guinness is good for you," so the signs in Ireland told me. What you can't see is him hiding the New Castle, an English beer, under the table since we only had one Guinness to share between 3 of us. Bad planning on our part.

Arrrrrr!!!! It be St. Patrick's Day! Pirate Day!!!! Sure. Why not? It's not even Thurrrrsssday yet, but this is Houston and they have done a heck of a job messing up what St. Patrick's Day is. All the people in the crowd of the St. Paddy's Day parade Mom and I went to were waving American flags (not Ireland) and very few wore green. They must still be stuck on Mardi Gras, since all the floats were throwing beads at us, and not just green ones either. Luckily, I did not see any flashing, just cheers of "Beads! Beads!!!" and lots of, what's the PC way of saying it? Not freckled, green eyed or pale skinned people. Think dark skin, burritos, and jerry curls. I think Mom and I were the only ones, uh, like ourselves. Ahem.


I didn't feel the Irish love. If anything, I was more afraid. I think they lynched this Leprechaun. Can you see it hanging from the roof of the truck? Shudder!!! Let's just say Mom and I didn't stick around for the rest of it. Them Texans were getting roudy. For beads.


This morning, Mom and I took our Zoomba class, a combination of salsa, mambo, and whatever else our mainly spanish speaking instructor decides to make us sweat to. This morning, she had on green tights, a tied up green shirt with golden yellow brickabrack, and an alien looking shamrock head band. The assistant instructor showed up with a Canadian Roots jacket. So confusing.
In between cha-cha-cha, she threw in about 3 irish dance songs, complete with the straight arms and dancing on toes. Go figure. I'm going to try out the "local pub" tonight. We shall see if we can get this St. Patrick's Day straightened out. If not, I'm going to go over to the Mexican food shop instead.

I've got my "Kiss me, I've been to Ireland" shirt on, with my green hair tie, green socks, "Lucky" shamrock tattoo (temporary, of course) on, and, after a shower, will be putting on my "Irish Luck" green panties. Too much information, I know, but since I'm not showing them off to anyone, I figured I would share with you! No pictures! I promise!!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!! It's good to be me, and the Luck o' the Irish to ye today and everyday!!!!


2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Sweetie...the parade may have been lame, but we had a memory day anyway. Love your picture of the fern unfurling. I've learned so much about photography from you!

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG !! The parade was strange. Can understand why you didn't hang around. Loved the 'Irish' cats both on Jill's blog and yours. The blue bonnets were sooo pretty. You too. Love you Laura Sunshine. Gr.ma S.