Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Still Austin, TX

Look at what has popped up in Austin!!! Lining the freeways and adorning the meadows, Texas's best features are showing themselves at long last! The Almighty Texas Bluebonnet. Texas' grace in floral form. These were also taken over the weekend of March 8th, when Crystal was in town.
Makes even the greyest day a delight. I really enjoy this picture of Crystal taken beside the highway because it appears to me that she has sprouted from the bluebonnets, and this is how cowgirls are actually born. Fun thought!

The rickety old white fences defining the ranches brought out my desire to strap on my boots, throw on my cowboy hat, and imagine all that I surveyed was mine. If you look closely, you can see the gazebo and red barn in the background amidst the stately (presumed) oak trees. Special thanks to Crystal of takeing the pictures of me.
We kept swapping cameras so that we would have equal amounts of pictures of each other on each camera. Too often, you get back from a trip, and upon reviewing your pictures, realize that you had no pictures of yourself! Many pictures of where you were and who you were with, but none of you, which, of course, are the ones your family and other friends wanted to see in the first place. Solution: give your friends your camera and borrow theirs frequently.
Crystal is such a good sport, posing at the side of a rather busy highway. She is so photogenic, and is perfectly smashing in a cowboy hat. The bluebonnets seem to have bloomed specifically to take a peek at Crystal and dance at being able to be photographed with her.


I love this shot that Crystal took. It gives great perspective as to the sea I felt I was in of bluebonnets.

Getting low, practically laying down, makes for such great photos. I feel you can capture the sould of the blooms.

I also enjoy this candid pose of Crystal. She seems so focused and poised. She fits in so seamlessly.
I felt as though I could have floated away.

Can you just imagine that this is the entry way into your ranch? Unbelievable. You can really see the temper of the clouds in this picture. It is as though the sky was urped that the ground had stolen it's rich blues and sealed the hue in flower form.
We made some friends along the way. They were glad to have someone to sniff. Quite friendly chaps.
The brilliant greens the ponys had to nibble upon was terrific.


And last, but not least, the entry gate to the "mansion" I would have enjoyed to be a guest of. Course, 'round here, they just call it home.
Ranch hardly begins to describe it.
It's good to be me when the bluebonnets are in bloom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Laura! I do miss seeing the bluebonnets in the Spring. You are both very photogenic - you "wear" the bluebonnets very well!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Love the bluebonnets...they must be quite stunning when seen in person; I can only imagine. Out here you can find fields of orange poppies but no bluebonnets.

You both look great reclining amongst the blue and green. Great contrast for the red hair I'd say!

Julie said...

Beautifully captured, Laura ! I would LOVE to see your Bluebonnets in bloom!
And I'll add my complement to you reclining in the field!

Wishing you a very blessed Easter !