Monday, May 05, 2008

Faces and foods

Entry way to our Swedish Smorgasboard/Brunch Our view of Stockholm from our seats

And this is where we sat. If you look hard, you can see Janitha, her uncle and Jannica's back.
Some of the meats being served. We've got bacon, chicken wings, sausages, and meatballs from top left moving clockwise.
Swedish pancakes with lingonberrys or berry jams. Technically, any pancakes made in Sweden are Swedish pancakes, so I guess calling them "Swedish Pancakes" is redundant.
I loved the curves of this steeple
One of my favorite shots in Stockholm.
Then we went into an indoor marketplace/mall. You can see the shops on the upper levels, and the market down below.
A butcher shop in the market.
Some ready-made dishes.
The colorful truffles display.
Cheese!!!!

The tulips were splendid!
After the marketplace, we went to an outdoor street faire.
Local artists voluntarily did the mosaic on the walls.

We walked by the river. Even the boats hail Sweden's colors!
Two lovely ladies strolling by the waterside. Jannica had purchased her necklace at the street faire.
Sometimes I forget how red my hair can get.

I think this is my absolute favorite pictures of the whole entire trip. The way the clouds balance, the lace of the steeple, and the composition of the boat. It just works for me.
Down by Slussen. Some of the first days pictures were taken from the tower above us.

The girls on the balcony. What a great view she has from her flat.

The perfect ending to a perfect day.


1 comment:

Gertrud said...

What happened? No more writing? I guess pictures say more than a thousand words....