Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Then the battery died.

I can only imagine how inviting the colorful buildings are in a blanket of white snow. As it was, it was warm and the blues of the rivers were a perfect complement.
My "Swedish hair-do!" Janitha did my hair for me. I should have taken a picture of the back, but it was a braid off to the side, with many whimsical tendrils deconstructedly pulled from a bun. Really cute!

City hall, if I am not mistaken.
And again, my favorite steeple in Stockholm.

In typical Swedish tradition, we went to see Jannica perform in a show. The curtains were delightful and the colors invigorating. Being more modern, the dancing was traditional. Just not traditional Swedish.
It was better!
Jannica did a beautiful dance for us. I will let you guess which one she is.

Look! Swedish ball players on a stick! We found these ice creams in a bowling alley. Yeah. I always think of bowling when I think of Stockholm too.
Just like belly dancing.
Well, it's good to be me, even though the battery died shortly thereafter.
Thank you again, Janitha, for letting me borrow your camera.
I am heading up to Dallas today and I will be getting copies from her camera so that I can post of my last day in Sweden. Oh, but it was a wonderful travel delight!

No comments: