Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeder

I found these delightful petite hummingbird feeders at the Lowe$. Seeing as how I am not entirely skilled at powertools, construction and all things manly (although I fake it well) I was glad I found one that did not require me drilling into my ceiling or walls outside, or installing any other types of hardware. I stuck one in my "garden" and another one in my my "hanging basket" (which, by the way RW, I have not killed yet! Give it time though... then I will take it to the park). The hanging basket, for me, was another story. I tried 3 different times to install a screw or hook or piece of hardware so that I could hang it from the ceiling of my patio, to no avail.
After much dust in my eyes, and hardware falling onto my head, I finally relented and just hung the darned thing over my railing. Problem solved.
Now, if I could just find some time to paint my railing. It's supposed to be blue, but the seasalt has rusted it, and now it's brown. I like brown, but it doesn't go with everyone elses blue.
But back to the hummingbird feeders, I am happy. I have not had a chance to see a hummingbird using them yet, but I don't doubt that it is just a matter of time (and being home!)

1 comment:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Hmmm...does the Homeowner Association have rail painting done as part of your maintenance fees?