Sunday, August 15, 2010

What's been growing on...

In between studying, work, SDONS, and generally living, I actually make time to stop and smell the roses. Or tomatoes as the case may be. It's not the most impressive tomato plant, but at least it's being productive!
I had planted a few gladiola bulbs from the girls I met from Amsterdam, and they sure have been growing!
I was pretty excited when I saw that it was actually going to bloom! I was curious as to which color it would be, and this morning I had my answer:
YELLOW!!!
I am delighted with my little garden. I will post later about my cute little humming bird feeders I just put up, but for now, I will be entirely contented and smug about my yellow, blooming gladiola!
It's good to be me! It's the little things in life, don't you think?

2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Yea for you! Fried green tomatoes or wait for them to turn red? Good job on the gladiola. Mine weren't as good as yours. I "do" have three mini ears of corn though.

Anonymous said...

You have more tomatoes in your little pot than your Grandpa has on a larger plant in his garden! The weather has been so cold and gloomy this summer at the beach that the tomatoes have not done well. Love the yellow glad...adds a lot of cheer to your garden. Love you, Grandma D.