Saturday, December 04, 2010

Fun and games

My parents came to town. 1st night: Quelf! For those of you who have never heard of it, it is a boardgame. Above are 3 of the characters. Mom was "Mrs. Picklefeather", Dad was The platypus. I was the bat guy.
Hensley looked on with his eyes glowing as my father and mother and I followed the directions. 1 card made dad talk with a "-izll" at the end of every sentence when it wasn't his turn. Another one required holding a pencil over another's head and proclaiming "Oh look! Mistletoe!" and then kissing them.

Dad drew a card that required him to talk with his cheeks pinched in, knees "glued" together, arms flailing and to try to explain how he got himself covered in molasses and brown sugar. In rap form.


You can see they were pleased. Believe it or not, we had a great time. I will spare them by not posting the video of mom doing ballet. Or dad doing the can-can. You are welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww shucks! I would have loved to have seen that video. Looks like a fun game , if you haven't a large crowd to watch you perform. I'm sure the cats were amused. Love you. Grma S.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I guess I did raise you right: you restrained yourself from embarassing your parents via blogdom!

You are such fun to be with, even when we are doing basically nothing at all. In fact, I think that is what we all like doing best.

Janitha said...

HAHAAAaaaa!! I love you guys ♥