Friday, July 06, 2007

Sometimes my patients suprise me. One, whom I like to call my "Cabbage Patch Patient" because she is so puffed up that she looks like one, and she is just the sweetest thing and is constantly saying thank you, and sweetheart and please and generally just being a dear, suprised me today. I honestly did not think she was ever going to get better. But she is. She can eat. She can get up almost by herself. She even walked yesterday for 190 feet. Amazing!
Funny how describing a patient can sound like a new mother glowing over the their childs new accomplishments. "Little Johnny finally used the big boy potty instead of his diaper!" "My patient finally used the actual potty instead of her diaper!"
It's so nice to see someone getting better. We don't usually get to see that. It seems that it always goes the other way here. Especially lately.
I know it is never me that improved the patient, but it sure is fun to cheer them on and be proud of them. It is good to be me, especially when my patients are doing well!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

You are just the most amazing nurse. Do you kow that?

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

You are the BEST at cheering others on! And I am so proud to call you my daughter and the best nurse ever.
(The boys have been fighting a lot lately, I think they miss their sister.)