Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday night

Last wednesday was the last belly dance class for Heather, Margo and I. To celebrate, we went to Marakesh for some morrocan food, and to see the belly dancing performances they have there on friday and saturday nights. We got all dolled up for the occasion.
The food was quite decent. This dish was quite fun to look at. It was a meat pie, sprinkled with cinamon and powdered sugar. Unfortunately, cinamon does horrible things for my throat and mouth, causing it to close up just a little bit, and I coughed and choked as I realized that is what was dusted under the powdered sugar. The inside of the pie, though, was much, much nicer.
We each ordered a lamb dish, which I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of, and each of the 2 dishes was different. I prefered the honeyed lamb with grapes and prunes. Heather prefered the lamb dish on a bed of couscous with vegetables. We also shared a bottle of wine. I had not ordered a bottle of wine with dinner since 2006, the early part of it.
And we enjoyed the entertainment. Of course, we kept pointing out which of the moves she did that we knew we could do, or commenting on how this and that move was cool and how did she do that?!?
Heather is so cute and short, I have got to start standing up straight when I stand next to her. The earrings are Margo's. I asked if I could borrow them since she could not come out with us. Her father was passing away, and passed peacefully this morning at around 5:30. Wearing the earrings was symbolically like she came out with us. Margo asked that we have an extra fun time for her.
It's good to be me and while I had a great time out, I am also greatful to have my father alive and kicking. Or splashing as it may be, in the Great Salt Lake.

3 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I am glad Margo's dad is peacefully in heaven now. And that you were there with Margo and the family during this time.

I am so glad you encouraged me to try belly dancing. I think Mother/Daughter belly dancing is a little weird though.

Anonymous said...

Hej girl!
I knew that you've danced before but I didn't know that you've continued dancing. We must dance more next time we meet:). Yalla!
/The swedish bellydancer

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there with you:)